Cannot enable mirror display (cloning) in monitor

>> Saturday 30 June 2012

Cannot enable mirror display (cloning) in monitor
I have Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Video Card installed on a Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. I have downloaded latest Nvidia drivers. I had bought Samsung SyncMaster Monitor. I want my TV to display the same screen on my computer monitor i.e. Mirror setting. I have already attached an HDMI cable with a DVI adapter between my HDTV and desktop monitor. After applying display settings I get my desktop background on my TV but without any icons, task bar etc. I cannot find any option which can be used for mirror display. In my monitor settings there are only two options shown: Generic PnP monitor on Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 has two checked of f options as 1. This is my main monitor and 2. Extend desktop onto monitor. Here I cannot select or altered both the options. I want to know just two things: 1. Set mirror display 2. Increase my resolution as it shows poor quality widescreen TV. Have already search on most of the search engines for the answers but I regret I did not found any suitable answer. Please help!!
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 21-03-2011
DotNetUser DotNetUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,187
Re: Cannot enable mirror display (cloning) in monitor
As for your problem just you need to follow the following instructions:
Step 1: plug in both Monitor and HDTV
Step 2: Go to Display Panel
Step 3: Go to Settings
Step 3: Click on Advanced option
Step 4: Now select the video card software, in your case Nvidia
Step 5: Now choose from number of options like mirror display (cloning), extended desktop etc.
Step 6: Select the one you wish
Step 7: Set it
Step 8: Click on Apply
Step 9: Click on OK
For your resolution problem:
Verify your screen resolution supported on your Samsung TV by the manufacturer and set the same resolution in your Samsung SnycMaster Monitor for a better display. Make sure your resolution is same on both PC monitor and HDTV
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 21-03-2011
Bull50's Avatar
Bull50 Bull50 is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,262
Re: Cannot enable mirror display (cloning) in monitor
Prerequisite is you need to have your system installed a Linux Operating System. If you are doing a presentation with your laptop you want to use multiple displays. One display will be your LCD laptop screen and the second display will be a clone screen to connected projector or TV by use of VGA input port (In your case HDTV and Nvidia GeForce 360). This task is very simple with xrandr Linux command. First determine if your VGA output port is available. To do this run xrandr with no arguments:
Step 1: $ xrandr
Step 2: If it is disconnected then plugin your TV to your VGA Port ON & run xrandr again to check it is connected or not.
Step 3: type the $ xrandr again
Step 4: xrandr now returns that the projector is connected and available with listed resolutions.
Step 5: All what needs to be done at this stage is to tell xorg manager to clone display to VGA port. This will produce two exact clone copies.
Step 6: To do that run command:
xrandr --output VGA --auto
Now you should have exact clone of yur LCD screen projected to your projector.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 21-03-2011
GeforceUser GeforceUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,364
Re: Cannot enable mirror display (cloning) in monitor
Make sure your TV is set to HDMI. Sounds obvious but many people miss this part. Do you have dual displays configured in windows? If you are only using the TV as the primary display for windows, then you might need to change the primary output in the Catalyst control center. I am sure you may have tried this already, but in Catalyst, where you set primary/secondary click graphics tab-display options- you should have a force detect, force component. Enable force TV detect. I suppose it is possible your input to TV is damaged, but doubtful.
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author