Picture folder thumbnails have a green box with check mark in it

>> Saturday 30 June 2012

Picture folder thumbnails have a green box with check mark in it
Sometime back I had some virus problem which occurred on my system. After removing it, whenever I open my picture folder, its thumbnails have a tick mark (green box) and double arrow (blue box) overlay icons mark on it. Prior to this I had installed Norton 360 and I had installed Windows XP Operating System. How can I get rid of these boxes and if it is possible then may I know how? Kindly give suggestion.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 21-03-2011
$tatic $tatic is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,222
Re: Picture folder thumbnails have a green box with check mark in it
A checked green box means the file is current, while a character in blue box indicates a file that is been changed since its last backup. Files excluded from the backup set display a slash in a gray box. If you do not need backup indicators feature you can turn it off by clicking Settings in the Norton 360 V2 main window. Disabled the Backup Status Indicators check box and clicking Close. After this, restart your system. Check the problem if it still persists but I am sure it would not occur after this.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 21-03-2011
Gunilla's Avatar
Gunilla Gunilla is offline
Member

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 982
Re: Picture folder thumbnails have a green box with check mark in it
When you are viewing your picture folder you had the view settings on. Or had you done any changes to your operating system prior to this problem which is occurring. If you are using Norton 360 V2 antivirus then they have a feature called “Backup Status indicators” which identifies which files are to be back up, which files are pending backup and which ones are excluded from backup. This feature is responsible for the tick mark (Green box) overlay icons.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 21-03-2011
Max-well} Max-well} is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 57
Re: Picture folder thumbnails have a green box with check mark in it
God bless you all!! You all are a lifesaver. You hit the nail on the head. I have always hated Norton for this sort of "helpful" things. I had McAfee, but my Service Provider changed to Norton and I had to switch. I will look all over the folder options and everywhere else. This is exactly what I needed -- those giant check-marks were driving me nuts. I would like to appreciate your efforts for helping me solving my problem. Thank you!
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author