Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7

>> Friday 29 June 2012

Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7
Hey guys I have Windows 7 64bit in my system. And my problem is in installing the Zune 4.7 i.e I can’t update the device. Itried both the option first tried small package download but I didn’t work then I tried full package download but that thing also didn’t work for me. And we know that every compatibility setting cleans regularly with “Windows Installer Clean Up” and rebbots into “clean boot” with no services. And that time iam continuously getting these errors 0x80070002 and 0x80240017, and mostly its “Postablte device update” didn’t install ERROR. I don’t what I have to do to solve this please help. Thank you,
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 14-04-2011
Badrunath Badrunath is offline
Member

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,519
Re: Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7
Well yes I have found the solution for this problem first login on windows live and serach for “portable device api”. This is the problem because of protablefdeviceapi.dll in c:\window\system32 is causing a problem. I had the same problem, first you have to delete that file then install new portabledevice.api to that folder. I has sone the same procedure and it worked for me guys. Hope this will resolve your problem too.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 14-04-2011
MahaGuru's Avatar
MahaGuru MahaGuru is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,526
Re: Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7
Well that solution can work for me but you can’t delete or uninstall that portabledeviceapi.dll directly, you are not authorized for that you will get some message you need authorization for that. So for that you got to windows in respective drive and right click on system32 and select “properties” and in that click on “security” tab and then in group or user name select “Creator owner” and then click on “advanced”. Now click on “owner” tab and now in change owner select you name as administrator and now click on OK and set the properties. Now follow the same steps agaun till where you clicked on “advance” instead of that click on “edit” and check allow in “full control” and click on ok, and now you will be able to remove that .dll file.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 14-04-2011
GeforceUser GeforceUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,364
Re: Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7
Guys there is one more solution for this which I have found out on this forums site only, first connect your device to PC and allow your Windows to update the mobile device. And then without clicking on main installation double click on the Zune set up package 3 its like C:\[guide]\. And then go to 64x packages and double click on en-us.msi package. And wait till it gets complete and close the original one. Hope this will work for you, Best of luck buddy.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 15-04-2011
Kakashi Hatake Kakashi Hatake is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 371
Re: Unable to update Zune 4.7 on Windows 7
Guys I want to thank all of you for taking so much concern on my problem and replying so quickly. I have posted the same query on very known tech forums site but I haven’t got any reply yet on those sites. Well guys I have tried all the solution which you guys have provided and the second solution done the trick for me. I wouldn’t be able to solve this problem on my own so guys thanks a lot for helping me out. Thank you,
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author