Sound loop starting in between after a application crash

>> Friday, 29 June 2012

Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
I have a small problem here; determine to merely play smoothly if I put out of action the soundcard. I have comprised and tried older graphics card driver, I still changed the soundcard so it would notutilize the onboard one. Similar problem disabled with the intention of and same predicament. Tried USB headphones and that in addition gave jerky graphics. Changed the entire settings in game for sound and graphics and guess what it is tranquil shuddering. I tried it on Windows XP and Windows Vista, even rebuilt the complete damn system, still the same problem. The system which I am having is Dual P4 3.2Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 9500GT, SATA hdd. It is giving me a sound problem what I be supposed to do here.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 13-04-2011
MahaGuru's Avatar
MahaGuru MahaGuru is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,526
Re: Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
This has worked for me. Subsequent to trying the whole thing else on this discussion updating the entire drivers, eliminating antivirus, windowed mode etc. I might merely play the game if I disabled my sound card. I ran dxdiag. It demonstrated up 2 sound devices. One was total recorder a program for recording internet radio. I basically uninstalled it and at present L4D works enormous maxed out. Anticipate this helps someone.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 13-04-2011
GeforceUser GeforceUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,364
Re: Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
I might have originated a workaround for this problem. You have to twist of the GX Mode in the Audio Center beneath the Volume Meter it at least solved the predicament for at present. Does anybody be familiar with what the GX Mode does. I imagine what occurs is with the intention of when an application crashes, there is a number of DMA transfer going, which is separate commencing from CPU. On the other hand, I am presently assuming it's the DMA, it might just as well be a number of additional buffer played indecently by the sound card. The CPU is not significant it to stop doing with the purpose of, so the sound card maintains looping whatever sound is in the buffer. It occurs with numerous other cards too.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 13-04-2011
Bull50's Avatar
Bull50 Bull50 is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,262
Re: Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
The majority typical onboard audio (Realtek AC97) even when twisted off in bios and uninstalled has been recognized to leave behind a number of parts of its driver with the purpose of be able to interfear with your innovative sound card, this happened for my friend who changed commencing from the Onboard to a Creative SB Auidgy SE. I Recommend you in addition Uninstall then Scrub the getting on onboard sound drivers. If you google "Driver cleaner" with the intention of be supposed to yield the application you necessitate. This is in addition a general superior tip for when upgrading/downgrading Videocard drivers to avoid conflicts.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 13-04-2011
DotNetUser DotNetUser is offline
Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,187
Re: Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
At present to the Problem which I be able to reproduce through 2 applications. The MPlayer on one occasion a high definition video is finished the player determine to crash through an Error. In the GUI SMPlayer. While playing the games. If several Game crashes at the same time as playing a Sound. What is the outcome - > Sound determine to begin intimidate to repeatable loop in ~100ms sequences. It's as if the Driver itself hangs other than tranquil lets additional sound continues to play just through an actually annoying background noise and does not halt the system. Does anybody be familiar with a Solution for this predicament.
Reply With Quote
#6
Old 14-04-2011
Asis Asis is offline
Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 459
Re: Sound loop starting in between after a application crash
I do not be familiar with a clever way to fix in software that for the reason that the application that started the sound, is not there to any further extent other than it's good to be familiar with that the GX mode switch might reset it. Perhaps a separate reset button anywhere would be a enormous characteristic for the reason that applications are bound to crash similar to that at a number of point. The GX is explained on the product page in short. I deduction that is what Asus calls EAX emulation GX2.5 emulates possessions up to EAX 5.0. It's for games, other than I have not had a possibility to test how well it works.
Reply With Quote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read - Share - Comment

About This Blog

Share and Save

About Author