How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
>> Saturday, 30 June 2012
How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
I have bought the new system at mine home and i have installed the windows vista on mine system. i have installed windows media center on mine system from last 3 months but i didn’t use it. Now i am noting using the windows media center but after that also when i reboot mine system and log on, the windows media center come out automatically on the desktop. So therefore i wanted to stop this issue and i don’t how to do it. i have tried to solve this issue from the thread but didn't got the enough of solution and it didn't works. Can anyone suggest on this topic and thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 27-03-2011
Macarenas's Avatar
Macarenas Macarenas is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,801
Re: How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
i would like to advise you to Disable Windows Media Center on your system and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follow below: make select on the start symbol on the desktop and after that go to the default programs. Now under the default programs select the Set program access and computer defaults. Under that go to the custom and then make hit on the choose a default media player by scrolling down. And after that make unchecked mark on the Enable access to this program check box on the windows media player. Now close the all application and after that restart your system and your problem get solved.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 27-03-2011
Jamal22 Jamal22 is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 88
Re: How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
Hello thanks for replying and highly appreciate your suggestion. I have gone through your suggestion but it doesn’t help me to solve mine issue. i have gone through all steps as you given in the suggestion and i didn’t got any error during this time. When i complete Disabling Windows Media Center, and after that i restarted mine system and the same issue has been encountered. I have also tried lots of time to do this but the i got same issue. Now i don’t know what to do, is there anyone to solve this issue.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 27-03-2011
ThoMas321's Avatar
ThoMas321 ThoMas321 is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,067
Re: How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
i would like to suggest you following suggestion so that you can solve your issue. To do this follows the steps below: first select the start icon from the desktop and then go to the control panel. On the control panel select the program and feature and after that go to the turn windows features on or off. Now on the turn windows features on or off section choose the media features and then make unchecked on the windows media player. I hope this could help you lot to solve your issue.
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 27-03-2011
ZeDaX ZeDaX is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,550
Re: How do I stop Windows Media Center from popping up on windows Vista
In my opinion you need to follow the below steps, so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through below: make hit on the start and then go to the run and under the run type msconfig on the text box of the run sand then hit the OK button. Now you will get the windows application under that go to the service tab. Now under the service tab select the windows media center service launcher by using the drop down list and after that remove the check mark on the windows media center service launcher. When you complete all this now make hit on the apply and then click on the OK button. Then reboot your system and you issue has been getting solved. I hope this will help you.
Reply With Quote










0 comments:
Post a Comment